Monday, May 18, 2009

psalm 119:1-8

yesterday grace got sick. i spoke with some of my neighbor friends and they all said their kids had just gotten over a stomach virus. so i assume that is what she has. not to gross anyone out, but i caught throw up 3 times in my hands last night. why is it that as mothers, when our children barf our natural instinct is to try and catch it?? so, last night i slept perfectly from about 10:45 to 12:00. from 12:00 on i was so blessed to get to see every hour past then (not). it was like the kids switched off every hour. at 12 it was grace crying because she was sick. at 12:45 it was Clayton because grace had woken him up with her crying. this lasted until about 5:00 or so. all while my husband (i love you honey) hibernated in our warm bed. awaking to absolutely nothing.



as you can tell my plans of waking up early before the kids to start my daily quiet time did not happen. although i did get to it, i just did it around 10:00 in stead. i put a bible story DVD on for the kids, then headed to my room to get started. i read psalm 119:1-8. my fave would have to be verse 2. "blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart." that right there is what i want. i want to simply seek him with all my heart. sometimes i feel i only seek him with half my heart. like i can be doing a devotional and reading the words, but in my head I'm going... OK, don't forget to add Landon's soap and baileys dog food to the grocery list. anyway, what about you? do you seek him with a whole heart, or just half???



see you next time.



blessings,

BRITTNEY


yeah- laness...at least i know one person will be reading this. i would love to keep each other accountable. love you.

3 comments:

  1. Oooo Geez! Sorry to hear about Gracie! I hope you get some sleep tonight!

    I'm glad you are doing this quiet time challenge, that means you will be doing post everyday! Which means I'll have something to read everyday! =) And also it will remind/push me to have my quiet time and make it more of a daily habit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Grace is sick, Brittney. Boo on that for sure. :( I'm glad to see you're reading that. I'm going to start today. Can't wait to read the first 8! Hope to be accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel about half your heart seeking Him. I will say after everything that happened last year, I look to Him when things are good, not just bad, thanking Him for the good. Didn't know you were starting so soon, will read verses 1-8 tonight! Thanks for letting me tag along...and next time wake that brother of mine up and tell him I said get up! Give poor Grace a kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete